"It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story.” more »
Cannes: James Franco Shot As I Lay Dying in Split Screen 05/21/13 5:30 PM
He directs and stars in the William Faulkner adaptation, which debuted in France Monday. more »
- Cannes: Damon, Soderbergh on the Bared Souls and Butts in Behind the Candelabra Comment
- Star Trek: A GIF History of People Getting Tossed Around the Bridge Comment
- Fast 6’s Michelle Rodriguez on Coming Back From the Dead and the Women of the Franchise Comment
Three Letters Offering an Arrested Development Tasting Menu; Brooklyn Label Hosting a Bourbon and Pork Belly Event 5:50 PM
Plus: DGBG's Summer Friday special, and more, in today's Leftovers. more »
- World Nutella Day Lives On
- Watch Perennial Mayoral Candidate Jimmy McMillan Plug Papaya King Hot Dogs
- Math Genius Who Figured Out ‘Twin Primes’ Property Maybe Also Made Your Tuna Sub
The Photo Gallery
Most Popular Stories
Last 24 Hours
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
This is not a rendering. It is a launching pad in the New Mexico desert for rocket planes that will send you into space for $200,000.
By Dan P. Lee
- The Stop-and-Frisk Trials of Pedro Serrano
- Brooklyn D.A. Joe Hynes Gets His TV Show
- TMZ's Guide to New York
After 44 years, her first feature-film adaptation, Tiger Eyes, arrives next week. Tales of a fourth-graders' superstar.
By Alexa Tsoulis-Reay
News & Features »
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Out of Darkness
- Donald Judd's Newly Restored Loft Building
- Lauryn Hill's Last Concert Before Jail
- Fire Island's New Pines Pavilion Opens
- 25 Things to Do See, Hear, Read, and Watch
Lafayette brings a big menu, big space, and big ideas to the brasserie craze.
By Adam Platt
The cook who co-founded Fatty 'Cue opens shop two hours north of the city.
By Mary Jane Weedman
- Fusion Falafel and the New Israeli Cuisine
- Urban Forager: Flourish Fruit Bars
- In Season: Fiddlehead Ferns
Eleven white dresses with cutouts for summer.
By Amy Larocca and Rebecca Ramsey
- See Stars of the Early Nineties Party at Cannes
- The Woman Who Got Female NFL Fans Into Fashion
- My Week Wearing Great Gatsby-Era Makeup
- 17 Sun Hats That Are the Perfect Size for Summer
- Natalie Krick Shoots Her Mom in Sexy Poses
- Paltrow's Met Gala Smack Talk: Pros vs. Cons
- Are You a Rainy Weather Diva?
- Fugs: 10 Punk Winners of the Met Gala
- I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow's Diet
A colorful reprieve from heels.
An Amish farm, a working lighthouse, an island all to yourself, and other summer-rental fantasies.
The city celebrates the 150th anniversary of its famous racetrack this summer, but its cultural and culinary offerings are best enjoyed before the crowds descend.