1. The Joubert Singers, “Stand on the Word” (Larry Levan mix).
Ironically mischievous, prompting some serious wild abandon. The real word here is in that funky-ass groove!
2. Love, “Bummer in the Summer.”
Get back into your swing, and remember who’s boss. You can fight away those summer blues with sass.
3. The Modern Lovers, “Modern World.”
Kick off your shoes and rejoice in the fact that you haven’t brushed your hair or changed your underwear!
4. Junior Murvin, “Police & Thieves.”
Where is the justice? Maybe we should talk about it over a picnic.
5. The Beach Boys, “Here Today.”
The lyrics are so innocent, yet that tuba is about as filthy as it gets. Put on your hot-pink shift, and frolic while you can still move your limbs.
6. Empire of the Sun, “Walking on a Dream.”
“We are always running for the thrill of it … ” So run for your life, dammit!
7. Talking Heads, “Wild Wild Life.”
David Byrne just makes you question the point of your seemingly organized existence. Now would be a good time to create some chaos.
8. Arthur Russell, “That’s Us”/“Wild Combination.”
Drink in the obscurities of circumstance and the simple little pleasures in life.
9. The Phenomenal Handclap Band, “Give It a Rest.”
Drunk afternoons spent gazing at the skyline … makes me wanna roll around in the grass.