After a two-and-a-half-year absence, TIME's Style & Design magazine makes a comeback. The relaunched title will publish twice a year (just about in sync with the spring and fall fashion seasons) and include coverage that "[goes] beyond fashion to look at advances in art and architecture, interior and automotive design, food and drink and more.” Emily Blunt covers the new issue in a big black hat, and wears many of spring 2012's most desirable pieces in her editorial. Also featured are Christian Louboutin, Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery, artist Nick Cave, and a pair of twin opera conductors, among others. “This is not purely about fashion ... The idea behind these stories — and the whole issue — is that every piece will appeal not just to style mavens but also to [our] regular readers," says TIME's managing editor Rick Stengel, who's at the helm.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament