So much for the tenants' group: Tishman Speyer, the real-estate behemoth that controls Rockefeller Center, among other things, has won the auction for Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village, agreeing to pay MetLife $5.4 billion for the complex. That works out to $486,769 for each of the complex's 11,232 apartments. Which would take only 243 months — a mere twenty years and change to recoup if each unit rented for the maximum allowable stabilized amount of $2,000 per month. Naturally Tishman will wait that out, right?
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]