Did you catch John Bolton — you know, the U.N.-hating former U.N. ambassador so unpopular Bush could never get him approved by the Senate — on the Daily Show last night? Here’s something we never thought we’d say: He was pretty good. First, we’d give him big points for even showing up. Second, he gets even bigger points for sounding calm and reasonable up against a host and audience who clearly can’t stand him. But he gets biggest points of all for reducing Jon — granted, never the most astute political theorist — to a series of talking-point non sequiturs while making some entirely sensible points of his own. Shouldn’t an anti-U.N. president put in an anti-U.N. U.N. ambassador? Is that the whole point of the democratic system, that the voters picked Bush, so give them what Bush believes in? Whoa. Our minds were blown. The mustache still looked silly, though.
Ambassador John Bolton [ComedyCentral.com]
Most Viewed Stories
- Trump Picked Fight With Vietnam Vets Over Who Better Understood What Agent Orange Was
- Only One Production Company Said They Wouldn’t Whitewash To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- This Nude Vegan Blogger Drama Is Incredible
- My Divorce Cost Me $250,000
- Boots Riley Has a Lot of Problems With the ‘Made-Up’ Story of Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman