How does Mrs. Astor's $131 million kitty break down?
• $47 million in hedge funds and private-equity investments.
• $41.2 million in real estate: the famed Park Avenue digs and a Briarcliff Manor, well, manor.
• $23.5 million in stocks: a nice-looking blue-chip portfolio that includes Google, anchored by 45,000 shares in Morgan Stanley. Ahh, investing in investment banks; wherefore art thou, Glass-Steagall?
• $10.3 million in personal property (jewelry, furniture, etc.).
• $8 million in government bonds, including in the MTA.
• $1.2 million in cash: some of it, rather conveniently for the guardians, in a Chase account.