The pack of young girls and anxious parents lined up outside (and around) the American Girl Place store today is just as terrifying as you think. These lasses are trying out for the latest in the franchise's film series, this one about Depression-era Kit Kittredge. (Sample line: "Amelia Earhart’s supposed to be there! And we can go on the sky ride and see wonderful things.") Many of these girls are out for a fun shot at a dream, which makes the whole process sweet and entertaining. But there is the unhealthy share of overachievers with headshots and the usual ration of stage mothers providing supportive dialogue such as "Don't be a failure and disappoint Mom!" Come back tomorrow for the uncomfortable video.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!