We don't know how we missed this. Apparently Bill O'Reilly had dinner with Al Sharpton recently at Sylvia's in Harlem and had a big aha! moment. Turns out black people are pretty much the same as white people! "I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City," O'Reilly said on his September 19 show (Click here to hear the audio via Media Matters.) "I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." Perhaps most surprising, O'Reilly's meal of meat loaf, coconut shrimp, and iced tea was not once interrupted by spontaneous gang violence, singing, dancing, or jive-talk. "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea,'" he marveled. "You know, I mean, everybody was — it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all." Yeaaaaaah. Sounds like the craziest person there was you, dude.
- 1. Congressional Republicans Reveal Secret Love for Obamacare
- 2. Adam Levine’s Third Victoria’s Secret Model Girlfriend Gets a Ring
- 3. Sons of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter on the Season-6 Finale and What’s Next for Jax and Gemma
- 4. Congress Reaches Deal to End Budget Chaos, Angers Conservatives
- 5. Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- 6. Sons of Anarchy’s Maggie Siff on Tara and Jax, and the Heartbreaking Season-6 Finale
- 7. Stop Asking If the Volcker Rule Will Work. It Already Has
- 8. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 9. Will Rihanna's Doobie Catch On?