This week, the Observer shifts scruffy "Transom" reporter Spencer Morgan off the model beat and onto the weighty business of celebustalking children. Morgan dryly documents the discord Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have wrought at their son Maddox's Upper East Side school, the Lycée Français (the principal sent a letter home to families! Some parents scream Angelina and Brad's names to get their attention!). Way at the bottom of the story, we learn from a school source that 5-year-old Maddox's "French is pretty minimal." We also learn that "he's always smiling," except when once asked to bring in a picture of himself, at which point he "started crying." We can't help but think back to something Mary-Kate Olsen told New York after dropping out of NYU. She'd noticed that students in her class were selling stories about her to the tabloids and concluded, “Learning is not fun if you’re not safe.” We'd like for you to ponder that point for a moment, while we go pay off the preschooler who sold us the above photo.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!