Remember when Georgina Chapman was best-known for dating Harvey Weinstein, and people thought it was cute that she thought she could be a designer? And then it turned out that her Marchesa evening gowns were a big hit with Weinstein's celebrity friends and even Anna Wintour has taken interest? Well, it seems all her whimsical career experiments weren't as successful. While at high school in England, the onetime model-actress started a band, even though she admits to being "completely unmusical." "It's very embarrassing," she told New York at the premiere of Control, Anton Corbijn's film about late Joy Division lead singer Ian Curtis. Chapman started her own band with a young gal pal. "We called ourselves Jesus and Mary Jane, and we sang in our school chapel at night in boarding school," Chapman admitted. "We were 13, and we thought we were 20." Too bad ol' Harv wasn't around back then to make some calls. Or, you know, thank God.—Amy Odell
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!