We were a little taken aback by Liz Smith and Cindy Adams's columns today, as we leafed through them over our afternoon snack. It seems as thought the Post's doddering divas of dish both traded in their summer whites for fall lavender. First, Cindy takes on the complex issue of Senator Larry Craig's hunting for man sex in bathrooms – and somewhere between not caring "a fig" and not having "a horse in this race," she kind of makes a coherent, pro-gay point. "The tawdry solicitation leaves us partly to blame," she writes. "Draping homosexuality in shame is what forces the weak to hide and lie and rail against it publicly in order to cover themselves privately." Whoa! Then we turned the page to read Liz's column, only to find even more same-sex sensationalism — this time on the tail end of a paragraph about Gina Gershon. Remember Bound, the sexy lesbianic thriller? So does Liz. "If you want a real treat, find a DVD of Gina's early one — Bound with Jennifer Tilly and Joey Pantoliano. A classic!" Um, double whoa.
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. House Passes Budget After Boehner Flips Out on Conservative Opponents
- 9. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle