At last night's Lucid Absinthe party, packs of twentysomething almost-models spilled out of the back of tightly packed SUVs to enter the Lower East Side's Back Room. "They're like hipster clown cars," observed publicist Alison Brod as she manned the door. Inside, the place was so packed that dainty green fairies (waitresses with body paint and glitter) kept getting their wings caught in people's hair as they tried to serve drinks made with the powerful licorice liqueur (it's the first legal absinthe in the U.S. in decades). Amiable Hills star Brody Jenner lounged in a corner with his friends and chatted with New York. We asked about Lauren Conrad (did you see this week's episode? They totally/maybe slept together again!). "I love Lauren, she and I are best friends," was all Jenner would say, before being yanked away by photographers. Ten minutes later, New York spotted Jenner chatting animatedly to a random male partygoer, who looked extremely confused. Jenner looked up and spotted us and ran over. "I was talking to that dude for like five minutes because I thought it was you," he said. "He thinks I'm a psycho!"
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. The Vampire Diaries Finale Recap: All’s Well That Ends Well ... for Now
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring