The fact that the two leading candidates for president are New York statesmen should have been a boon for this year's Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, which is one of the most prestigious Catholic events of the year in New York. The Times City Room blog reports that even though Mayor Bloomberg, Governor Spitzer, Senator Schumer, and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair will be in the house tonight, Rudy and Hillary both turned down their invitations. The nerve! Okay, we understand why Rudy wouldn't want to show his face — he gets a lot of heat from the Church about his stance on abortion, and also he's been kind of a jerk about New York lately. Plus, he's already had his photo op with the Brits. But Hillary? Cardinal Egan has stood up for her in the past, saying he is her "friend" despite her support of pro-choice federal policies. So what gives? Why the snub? Is it the hat? Oh, God, it's the hat, isn't it?
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?