Today's Post ran an exclusive story titled "Spitz Vows to Push for Gay Marriages." Our immediate reaction, of course, was, "Oh, those gays will be so thrilled! We always knew Spitzer was a Big Gay Marriage Advocate." The Post would have you believe that once Spitz gets a Democrat-controlled State Senate, he'll push hard for it. But if you read further into the article, the story gets a little sketchier. "Two other witnesses, including an elected government official, said they couldn't recall Spitzer's exact language," writes Post Frederic Dicker (you'll recall Dicker was the one who so desperately wanted to hear Bloomberg say he'd run for governor). Apparently some guests said Spitzer just referenced the State Assembly's passage of a gay-marriage act and was greeted with applause. So maybe, despite the headline, Spitzer's not a Big Gay Marriage Advocate. For him to reveal himself as such would be a risky move for him now, especially after he's lost so much political capital in recent months. Other blogs would try to make a "coming out of the closet" pun here, but not us. We just picked the gayest picture of Spitzer we could find and left it at that.
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Oklahoma Woman Has to Leave State Now, Forever, Thanks to Wolf Blitzer
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig