Alanis Morrisette, in from L.A. for the Adrienne Shelly Foundation benefit, had loose blonde curls and a West Coast attitude toward the writers strike. "I support writers in being compensated well, so I'm all for it," she said. She'd even support a songwriters strike, if anyone felt like starting one. "I'm on one right now," she laughed. It's true, we haven't heard anything from Alanis in a while, although Jagged Little Pill remains inescapable. How does Alanis cope when that song she supposedly wrote about the guy from Full House comes on in a public place? "Whenever that happens, I look up to see if anyone's staring at me to see if I should feel awkward," she said. "After that, I hightail it out of there." It's fine when she's not around, though. "If it's playing and a family member or loved one hears it, I tell them it's my way of saying hi to them when I'm not around." Aw. That's sweet! So next time we hear her screaming, "Are you thinking of me when you fuck her?" over the speakers at the gym, we'll know that it's just Alanis sending her regards. —Amy Preiser
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 7. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig