A day after Stephon Marbury fled Phoenix after a major blowout with Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, and two days after the Daily News came out with a report that the point guard's future with the team is in doubt, everybody is still clutching for information. ESPN.com has started a "Marbury Watch," which is of course what any Website should do on such an occasion, and the Times called the whole thing "a startling sign of how badly his once-promising career has eroded." The News asked, "When does Thomas officially get put on notice? Why should Thomas, after all he's done to build nothing more than a mediocre team for years to come, be allowed to make what would be another radical, franchise-changing move?" And the Post, of course, put Marbury's face on a milk carton and called him a "Basket Case." But nearly everybody, including us, is obsessed with what Marbury shrieked to his team after hearing he wouldn't start anymore: "Isiah has to start me," he reportedly ranted. "I've got so much [stuff] on Isiah and he knows it. He thinks he can [get] me. But I'll [get] him first. You have no idea what I know." First of all, it's awesome how they translate Marbury's swears for us, as though we wouldn't understand what he meant if they said "s---, f---, f---." And second, OH YES.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]