At last night's Cinema Society/Allure screening of her movie Margot at the Wedding, Nicole Kidman put on a brave face (and a black Jil Sander overcoat) despite being sick. She apologized, with impeccable politesse, for not shaking hands ("I don't want to infect you"), and kept her arms tightly wrapped around her. "I'm freezing," she said. But a healthier Nicole emerged from her tales of derring-do on the set. "I've been doing most of my own horse-riding," she said of her work on the upcoming Baz Luhrman epic, Australia. "Just recently we ran with over 1,500 wild horses, and we were riding with them. And that's pretty hair-raising." Wasn't she worried about falling? "I just didn't think about it," she said. "I feel confident on a horse." Kidman explained that she's been riding since she was 3. Still, Kidman in a stampede of hundreds of wild stallions? That's like throwing a toothpick into a jet engine. Wonder who insured that? —Darrell Hartman
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?