Last night at the premiere of The Great Debaters, we stood back feeling superior as reporters from tabloids asked maternitywear designer Liz Lange about sartorial dos and don’ts for newly knocked-up Jamie Lynn Spears. So, we asked, once they had fluttered off, since the movie was about a college debate team, would Liz tell us what her own school days were like? "I was a very good student," she said. "I went to Brown early admissions and I was a comparative-literature major there, and I was at Trinity here in New York. I did just about everything — I was on the yearbook, I was on the newspaper of our school." Oh. That's fascinating. So, um, speaking of teenagers and just because we're a little bit curious now, what did she recommend Jamie Lynn Spears wear during the most widely publicized teen pregnancy of our time? "I said I really want to see Jamie Lynn keep it clean and keep it simple and keep it young and fresh," said Lange, although she didn’t have any plans to work with her yet. "And I’d love the opportunity to work with her and dress her in that way." —Bennett Marcus
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!