Roger Clemens's congressional steroid testimony appears to be unraveling word-by-word and boob-by-boob just as the Times discovers that a letter is being drafted to refer Clemens to the Department of Justice for a perjury investigation. The Daily News reports that a famous Yankee locker-room story about Debbie Clemens, Roger's current wife, comparing her breast enhancements with Roger's previous wife, Jessica, at a 1998 barbecue at Jose Canseco's house may be proof that the pitcher was lying about not being there. Meanwhile, the Times pokes holes in Roger's claim that he needed to privately meet with his nanny before she talked to investigators because her English is "not that good." According to the paper, she speaks the language very well, with just an accent, which indicates that Clemens may have wanted to prep her for another reason. The letter to the DOJ has not been sent, but its mere existence is a blow to Clemens. So far, Congress has not drafted one to recommend a perjury investigation on Brian McNamee, his former trainer who has supplied the steroid allegations. But more importantly, if there is an investigation, Yankee pitcher Andy Pettitte will probably be dragged into all this again to testify. Leave our Andy alone! He's trying to put all this mess with Clemens behind him. Can't you just let him enjoy his rebound bromance in peace?
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 4. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 5. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 6. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...