Well. The Hepatitis Awareness Council is probably happy about this one. Last week, as you know, Ashton Kutcher celebrated his 30th birthday at Socialista with a crowd that included Roberto Cavalli, Rebecca Gayheart, Molly Sims, Liv Tyler, Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna, and, of course, his wife Demi Moore and her ex-husband/BFF Bruce Willis. As it happens, the bartender serving them all caiparinhas had just gotten back from Honduras, where he or she apparently contacted a wee case of Hepatitis A. Hep A is spread “primarily through food or water contaminated by stool from an infected person," the Health Department said, which means that the bartender would have to had crap on his or her hands when she touched Madonna's ice, but the Health Department isn't taking any chances. They've gotten the press to spread the news as far as Thailand, in hopes of getting people who went to Socialista on the days the bartender worked to go and get a vaccination this weekend. Socialista must be thrilled. But hey, at least they've got an answer for people who say the place isn't authentic.
- 1. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 4. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 5. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 6. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 7. Arrested Development’s 20 Most Meta Meta-Moments
- 8. Tramp Stamps: A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?
- 9. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig