Notoriously prickly hedge-fund manager Daniel Loeb has finally closed on his $45 million penthouse at 15 Central Park West. The five-bedroom, five-bathroom (plus two half-bathrooms!) apartment on the 39th floor is 10,674 square feet, and that's not including the 709-foot wraparound terrace. It also comes with access to a 75-foot lap pool, around which Loeb can hobnob with neighbors Sting, Denzel Washington, and Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein; a screening room; English-oak-paneled library; formal dining room (with a private in-house chef); climate-controlled wine rooms (keep your Gewürztraminer chilled!); and a general sense of extreme self-satisfaction, especially if you pay for it in cash, as Loeb did. One issue, though: Loeb's views of the park will be obstructed by views of Sandy Weill's $42.4 million apartment. Well, even the rich sometimes suffer, a little.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 7. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!