So remember how yesterday we told you that James Frey (whom we totally saw at brunch two weekends ago at Café Cluny, meanwhile, and wondered whether his eggs were really scrambled) is pulling out all the stops for his new book tour? Like, while he's reading from the tome, Bright Shiny Morning, the Eagles will play and there will be fireworks or something? Anyway, turns out that wasn't just his idea. According to Jossip.com, Frey has enlisted the aid of Davidson Goldin, the former NY1 anchor whose star rose and fell with Dan Abrams's at MSNBC. Abrams hired Goldin away from NY1 to become MSNBC's editorial director when Abrams became top dog at the network, but when he went back to just hosting the show, Goldin was axed. Since then, the handsome (and tiny) newsreader has been trying to craft a new career as a media strategist. "I've been happy to give [Frey] guidance," Goldin told Jossip. “James’s wife [Maya] has been a friend of mine since we were in college together." Aw! Since Goldin's been a producer, a writer, and an anchor, the media strategist route is probably a good one for him. He's set for a great start! Except for, you know, the part where he chose as a first client the number-one enemy of Oprah Winfrey, the most powerful woman in the industry.
- 1. Politico Stonewalls Mike Allen Payola Scandal
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 5. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 6. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- 7. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire
- 8. Watch a New Archer Training Video About Ninjas
- 9. Can You Guess Famous Simpsons Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?