Doesn't New York Times executive editor Bill Keller know it's cruel to break up with people on Valentine's Day? Apparently not: Portfolio's Jeff Bercovici just reported, and the Times just confirmed, that he just announced that the company plans to eliminate 100 newsroom positions, or about 7 percent of the newsroom, this year. "The cuts will be achieved primarily through attrition and buyouts," the Times says, "but layoffs are a real possibility." Guess we're not the only ones who will be crying ourselves to sleep tonight.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!