We'll admit, it never would have even occurred to us to ask Hills star Lauren Conrad about her personal politics if her arch-nemesis, Heidi Montag, hadn't come out earlier this month as a McCain supporter. After that, we didn't really have a choice. When we saw Conrad at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on Saturday, we asked her who would have her vote. "You know what? I believe in a private ballot," she said. "I’ve done several things to, like, encourage people to vote. But I think when you go in and endorse somebody it kind of affects how people look at you or look at candidates." That's disappointing. But luckily, asking questions is not the only trick up our reporting sleeve. During emcee Craig Ferguson's speech, he said: "I'm a new American so I'm trying to decide which party to vote for." We sensed an opportunity coming. "Should I vote for the Republicans?" he asked. We seized the moment and craned our necks in Conrad's direction. She clapped wildly. "Or the Democrats?" Ferguson asked. Conrad immediately placed her hands on the table and wrinkled her nose to her friend. Aha! What clinched the issue was when, moments later, she totally did not laugh at one of Ferguson's best lines: "What should President Bush do after this? I don't know, maybe get a job with more vacation." OMG, Heidi and Lauren are both Republicans and are rooting for John McCain. They agree on something! —Jada Yuan
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?