Today, Nora Ephron has an essay on the Huffington Post titled: "White Men." In it, we learn a lot of things about these elusive, mysterious creatures that we didn’t know before. Ephron, after all, is an expert in white men — her movies Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, and When Harry Met Sally were all about how wonderful they are to date and marry (after a brief variety of adorably neurotic hurdles). But it turns out Nora doesn't think all white men are as dreamy as Tom Hanks. In fact, some are downright nefarious! Here's why:
• This presidential election is secretly about whether white men "hate blacks more than they hate women."
• These pasty dudes "cannot be relied on, as all of us know who have spent a lifetime dating them."
• A lot of them also "have terrible tempers, and what's more, they think it's normal."
• Hillary is campaigning on the hopes that "she can attract more racist white male voters than Obama can." And she probably can!
• Oh, yeah. And these jerks have all the power! (And terminal ADD, maybe, too!)
No wonder Ephron's romantic comedies never have sequels.
White Men [HuffPo]