Douglas Meyer, 44, fell to his death early this morning at Beth Israel Medical Center, reports the Post. Police are calling the seventeen-story plunge an apparent suicide — he seems to have fallen from a Baird Hall balcony at 350 East 17th Street. A hospital spokesman denied a rumor that he had recently been fired; in fact, he was on duty in the hospital's division of digestive diseases this morning. He was scheduled to perform an endoscopy right around the time he died. His body was found by a security guard.
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode