Douglas Meyer, 44, fell to his death early this morning at Beth Israel Medical Center, reports the Post. Police are calling the seventeen-story plunge an apparent suicide — he seems to have fallen from a Baird Hall balcony at 350 East 17th Street. A hospital spokesman denied a rumor that he had recently been fired; in fact, he was on duty in the hospital's division of digestive diseases this morning. He was scheduled to perform an endoscopy right around the time he died. His body was found by a security guard.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring