One day a couple of months ago, we were walking through Times Square, and we passed a panhandler with a cardboard sign. It read: "Britney Spears's sister is pregnant, and I need money for a present." We didn't chip in (girl does not need the encouragement), but we appreciated the effort, in a current-events-class-from-fifth-grade kind of way. We feel similarly about this Soho vendor's efforts to insert his bubble-gun business into the greater economic picture. Sidewalk shillers making market predictions? What's next, hookers using finance terms in dead languages?
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 9. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails