Remember how, earlier, we told you that Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage were working on a Gossip Girl spinoff in which restless virgin Jenny would be sent to boarding school, where she would ostensibly get herself into even more compromising positions? Well. That might well have been a pack of lies. Oops! What can we say? You can't trust the media. "Not sure how this got out there, but no plans for a spinoff at this moment," Schwartz told E! Online this afternoon. "The books do have a spinoff, but we have nothing in the works right now other than making sure season two gets off to a great start." Seriously? Why, if this dude is such a brilliant writer, does he always talk like a flack? Disappointed. And wait: Maybe Schwartz is just being flacklike, because at the end of the story, hope, in the form of a "well-placed source inside the CW," rears its lovely, ringlet-bedecked head: "If the second season does as well as we expect it to, then we'll probably try to make it happen." Yes!
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability