As we’ve noted, Jason Giambi’s mustache is losing steam. And despite the team’s best efforts it handed out 20,000 fake ‘staches at yesterday’s game it looks like the only good that came of it is the first known photo of Mike Mussina having fun (see photo number three, here). According to MLB.com, the “Final Vote” to determine the last All-Star spot came down to Evan Longoria of the Rays and Jermaine Dye of the White Sox in the American League (Longoria won, in the end). In the National League voting, even baby-faced Met David Wright who we’re pretty sure couldn’t grow a mustache if he tried made it further than Giambi, though he lost out in the end to Milwaukee outfielder Corey Hart. There’s probably a lesson here, but we’re not sure our friends at the American Mustache Institute would be happy to learn it. —Joe DeLessio
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!