Remember when we told you that a high-end strip joint was going to open up in Chelsea, and was billing itself as "The Ritz-Carlton of Gentleman's Clubs"? Well, it turns out the story of the Sapphire Lounge has an awkward new twist — yes, beyond the fact that someone is trying to put a "classy" strip joint on Eleventh Avenue and 23rd Street. Turns out the club will overlook a lovely, well-used children's playground! (If it makes you feel a bit better, remember that strippers tend to work after dark, when public playgrounds are closed.) Curbed made this observation (and has more details about the adjacent fifteen-story hotel that's planned), and we can't help but agree with one of their commenters: "To be five again … what a thrill."
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]