Remember when we told you that a high-end strip joint was going to open up in Chelsea, and was billing itself as "The Ritz-Carlton of Gentleman's Clubs"? Well, it turns out the story of the Sapphire Lounge has an awkward new twist — yes, beyond the fact that someone is trying to put a "classy" strip joint on Eleventh Avenue and 23rd Street. Turns out the club will overlook a lovely, well-used children's playground! (If it makes you feel a bit better, remember that strippers tend to work after dark, when public playgrounds are closed.) Curbed made this observation (and has more details about the adjacent fifteen-story hotel that's planned), and we can't help but agree with one of their commenters: "To be five again … what a thrill."
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire