Rockefeller Auguste, a 35-year-old designer at an architecture firm, thought his wife was cheating on him. They got in a fight, and she moved out. But he didn't want to just, like, divorce her, especially since she still had the $27,000 ice rink of an engagement ring he gave her. So he did what any sensible man in his situation would do: He hired a hit man and asked him to cut off her hand with a samurai sword. He even gave him the samurai sword special since, you see, that's how it had to be done, because — wait, WHAT? Auguste's plan was ultimately foiled — his hit-man connection apparently set him up with an undercover cop, the Daily News tells us — but there are still so many unanswered questions here. Such as: Why not an ax or a regular Wüsthof steak knife? And could he not just cut off her finger? Developing. In the meantime, feel free to leave your theories in the comments.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?