Olympic gold-medal-winning gymnast Nastia Liukin was probably wondering why, instead of her, Shawn Johnson got to say the pledge of allegiance on the last night of the Democratic National Convention, but she has some good news coming up to take her mind off the issue. (Well, she's probably a Republican anyway. Those gymnasts always are — but doesn't it just seem wrong? They compete in sequins.) Liukin is in talks to get a two-book publishing deal, according to Keith Kelly at the Post. The money is supposed to be well below the $1.6 million price tag that was attached to Michael Phelps's book, which seems pretty fair. Liukin, after all, chose a sport in which athletes don't compete with their abdominals exposed. Still, good for Nastia! Since she was kind of robbed in that weird tiebreaker with 14-year-old He Kexin, she needed a little boost. Our only question is, will she dedicate both books to her hard-driving, creepily-mouth-kissing dad/coach Valeri, or just one?
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]