"Ohhhhh, Hillary, I loved it! " said Nina Garcia this afternoon at Saks. The high priestess of Project Runway was making an appearance for her new book, The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own. "You know, I thought that what she wore was almost like sending us a message that she doesn't really care what we think." [Ed. Note: Ouch.] "Frankly, she must've heard all of the — there's been so much opinion about her pantsuits — and then, last night, she chooses to wear one in orange, of all colors." In other words, in terms of fashion, it was kind of meh. It should be noted that in The One Hundred, Nina suggests personalizing a suit with jewelry, which Hillary did. What did Nina think of Michelle Obama's demure, mint green dress? "It was stunning. She has great taste and good fashion sense, and knows how to dress right for the part." We asked if that part was at all indebted to Jackie O. "No, I don't think it's that purposeful. But I do that think that we're having that moment in fashion. I mean, fall was all about the late fifties, early sixties' Mad Men."
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 9. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother