Paparazzi are apparently staked out in front of Lehman's London office as if they're waiting for some celebrity's dead body. "A young man left the building carrying a cardboard box and was immediately pursued by photographers," the Journal reports, as if they're above that sort of thing. They add that employees are leaving carrying Lehman umbrellas and "deflated Lehman rugby balls wrapped in plastic." One employee said he'd be back tomorrow, but only for the free lunch: “People are spending all the credit on their canteen cards,” he said, referring to the cards that employees use to buy lunch in the firm’s cafeteria. “There’s going to be 5,000 people on the job market, so a lot of competition.” Jeezum Crow. [WSJ]
Photo: Courtesy WSJ
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode