Moments ago on the convention floor, Andrea Mitchell interviewed Alaska delegate and dentist Jason Rampton, who was wearing a hardhat that read "Drill Here, Drill Now" and a vest that on its back featured a bucolic image of caribou in a field with an oil pipeline (pictured). Dr. Rampton explained, "The caribou absolutely love the pipeline! When the pipeline was built 30 years ago there were 3,000 caribou, and now there are about 30,000 caribou out there. During the wintertime the caribou snuggle up to the pipeline because it gives off heat because the oil is warm; it pumps through there." Keith Olbermann then correctly noted that Rampton "is to some degree full of canal water."
Photo: Anna Holmes
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability