Moments ago on the convention floor, Andrea Mitchell interviewed Alaska delegate and dentist Jason Rampton, who was wearing a hardhat that read "Drill Here, Drill Now" and a vest that on its back featured a bucolic image of caribou in a field with an oil pipeline (pictured). Dr. Rampton explained, "The caribou absolutely love the pipeline! When the pipeline was built 30 years ago there were 3,000 caribou, and now there are about 30,000 caribou out there. During the wintertime the caribou snuggle up to the pipeline because it gives off heat because the oil is warm; it pumps through there." Keith Olbermann then correctly noted that Rampton "is to some degree full of canal water."
Photo: Anna Holmes
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?