Last week, Heart members Nancy and Ann Wilson vigorously denied they had sold the McCain campaign the rights to their song "Barracuda," which the campaign has been using at events as a homage to Sarah Palin's high-school basketball nickname, they say, and more generally to get across the idea that their campaign ROCKS. "We ask that our song 'Barracuda' no longer be used to promote her image," they told Entertainment Weekly. However, apparently the campaign does have all the correct licenses, or so they say, and they've issued a resounding "Suuuuuuuuuck it" to the sisters Wilson. No, they didn't exactly use those words, but they played the song again today in Ohio, and you just know that's what McCain adviser Steve "I bleed through my nose when I am angry" Schmidt said to his aides when they relayed Heart's request to him, after which he promptly busted out some Jimi Hendrix–esque moves on his air guitar.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!