The news that Carl Icahn had decided to sell his yacht, the Starfire, set off a fresh round of fears about the economy last week. If a billionaire has to liquidate his 177-foot boat with a helicopter pad and jacuzzi and gym and staff of twelve including a personal chef, then times must be very dark indeed. But fear not: "The reason it's for sale is to buy a bigger yacht," the broker handling the sale of the yacht told the Post today. So don't worry about Carl — he is fine. (At least in the money department. You know what they say about guys with big yachts.) [Cityfile, NYP]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!