In these tough times, Joe Pantoliano is thinking about renting out his Fairfield, Connecticut, basement. "It’s beautiful," he boasted at the Sundance Institute party on October 27. "It’s on two acres, and it looks out on a five-acre pond. Nice!" The basement comes with a washer and dryer, "a really cool bathroom with a steam room," and a 50-inch television. There’s no kitchen, but Pantoliano says there’s no need to cook. "It’s like a B&B, you eat with us," he said. "Celebrity dining!" Monthly rent would be $1,100, "but I’ll give you a break if you do windows." Pantoliano — who’s working on some indie projects, advocating for a mental-health nonprofit, and pushing his Pepe & Pants line of pasta sauce — thought maybe he’d rent to a recently laid-off banker. "I just want to help the poor bastard who lost everything for his clients," he said.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!