In Chekhov's The Seagull, which opened last week at the Walter Kerr, Treplyov gives Nina a shot bird. We asked the cast and their assorted guests what kind of weirdo gifts they've received in the past and were sufficiently creeped out by the answers. Kristen Scott Thomas got a toenail from a boy who supposedly liked her. Peter Sarsgaard gave himself a robot that plays Ping-Pong, but poor Paul Dano couldn't come up with a thing. "I don't think I get a lot of gifts," he said. "People don't like me much." We do, Paul!
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 9. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]