Ever since former governor Eliot Spitzer was forced to resign in disgrace after a prostitution scandal, we've been wondering about the girl with the magical vagina who brought him down. In some ways, we knew a lot about Ashley Dupré (we saw her naked on Girls Gone Wild!), but in other ways we knew nothing. What was her motivation? What does she think about? What did she think of Eliot Spitzer in bed?? Finally, Dupré has accepted interviews with Diane Sawyer and People magazine, and this week we're scheduled to learn everything we wanted to know! "Everyone knows me as 'that girl,' but I'm not just 'that girl,'" the 23-year-old told People. "I have a lot of depth, a lot of layers." Let's page through some of them! From excerpts in the Post:
• She is capable of guilt: "I try not to revisit that place too often, but when I think about [Spitzer's first apologetic press conference] I think of [Silda's] face, her eyes, the hurt … I'm sorry for your pain."
• But not, like, an unhealthy amount of guilt: She told the magazine that if it hadn't been her in that Mayflower Hotel room, it would have been someone else.
• She's a pro: "This wasn't any different than going on a date with someone you barely knew and hooking up with them," she said. "I knew what my purpose was, they knew what their purpose was — there weren't any games."
• (And so is Spitzer, apparently): "Some guys, they want to have conversations and really get to know each other. With him, it clearly was not like that. It was more of a transaction. Strictly business."
• She is a big reader: Since her crazy public exposure, she's mostly just been working out and reading.
• Not so much of a TV watcher: She didn't know who Spitzer was when she met him as "Client No. 9." "I mean, ask a lot of 22 year olds," she said. "I was wrapped up in my family, my music. I knew the name, but the face … I'm not really a TV person."
• Being laid bare isn't something she always enjoys: On watching Spitzer's televised confession, she said: "It was surreal. I felt like I was suffocating."
• She has unique parental influences: She said her father, who took off when she was 3, called her after she hit the headlines to say, "Damn, girl. When you do it, you do it big!"
• She's lucky: She said most of her clients were "intelligent, handsome and successful."
Or, wait, did she mean something else by "layers"?