The New York Public Library honored Nora Ephron at Monday’s Library Lions gala a significant change of heart from an earlier incident between the writer and the NYPL. Ephron once applied to use the Frederick Lewis Allen Room, a special space for authors with book contracts. “I was interviewed by whoever the person was who ran the Frederick Lewis Allen Room, and he rejected me,” Ephron told us with mock outrage. Now she’s a lion an exemplar of Patience and Fortitude.
Photo: Patrick McMullan
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 8. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck