Remember when Hillary supporters worried that Bill Clinton might not want to reveal the donor list for his foundation? Well, Bubba wanted Hill to get the secretary of State gig, so he agreed to release the entire roster. It's online today, and while it's a little hard to access because it's being overloaded with visitors, we can give you some fun highlights:
• The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia gave more than $10 million. So did the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, upstate billionaire Tom Golisano, and Elizabeth Hurley baby daddy Steve Bing.
• Michael Schumacher, a German Formula One race-car driver, gave over $5 million (and to think we gave up driving because we thought it was useless).
• Elton John's AIDS Foundation, the MAC AIDS fund, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Princess Diana Memorial Fund, the Presidential Inaugural Committee (what?), the Anheuser-Busch Foundation, Mohegan Sun, and Newman's Own were among the fun foundations who were big donors as well.
• Barbra Streisand and the Waltons gave over a million each, which is notable because Barbra is rich, but she's not nearly as loaded as those Wal-Mart people.
• Also Kuwait, Qatar, Taiwan, Brunei, Oman, Ireland, Sweden, and China either chipped in directly or through national foundations.
• Steven Spielberg, David Geffen, Denise Rich, Jon Corzine, John Catsimatidis, Lynn Forester de Rothschild, and Charles Kushner are among the famous Clinton friends who chipped in over $100,000.
There weren't any big international crooks or enemy regimes that we could see. But it still looks like Hillary won't be taking Bill with her on trips to the Middle East anytime soon.
Contributor Information [Clinton Foundation]