The Obama administration may be giving them plenty to gripe about, but the folks at Culture11 will have to find a new place to do it. The five-month-old conservative online magazine founded by former Reagan administration official William Bennett and run by former Bush special assistant David Kuo has closed as of this morning, according to e-mails being circulated to freelancers by editor Conor Friedersdorf. The site was rumored to have funding through 2010, but it looks like Bennett and Co. will have to take their punditry elsewhere.
Photo: Courtesy Culture11
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women