After 60 years, the tiny independent opera house — founded by Tony and Sally Amato — will stage its last production in May. The theater, which was founded in 1948 and moved to the Bowery in the sixties, has seen the neighborhood go through a lot of changes over the decades, and it will be missed. [Jeremiah's Vanishing New York]
Photo: Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?