Nothing is quite as sexy as a strong command of unfolding political events. But if you're planning on impressing some hot young things at the bars tonight with your astute perspective on our state's new junior senator, you better at least say the name right. It's KEER-sten, not KUR-sten, and definitely not KRI-sten. An easy way to remember it: "KEER-sten drinks BEER." (Legal note: We don't know if she drinks beer.) As for her last name, you might think, "Well, it's probably pronounced like Gilligan." But you would be very wrong. It's JILL-i-brand. KEER-sten JILL-i-brand. Now go out there and show off that brain.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper