Nothing is quite as sexy as a strong command of unfolding political events. But if you're planning on impressing some hot young things at the bars tonight with your astute perspective on our state's new junior senator, you better at least say the name right. It's KEER-sten, not KUR-sten, and definitely not KRI-sten. An easy way to remember it: "KEER-sten drinks BEER." (Legal note: We don't know if she drinks beer.) As for her last name, you might think, "Well, it's probably pronounced like Gilligan." But you would be very wrong. It's JILL-i-brand. KEER-sten JILL-i-brand. Now go out there and show off that brain.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability