Nothing is quite as sexy as a strong command of unfolding political events. But if you're planning on impressing some hot young things at the bars tonight with your astute perspective on our state's new junior senator, you better at least say the name right. It's KEER-sten, not KUR-sten, and definitely not KRI-sten. An easy way to remember it: "KEER-sten drinks BEER." (Legal note: We don't know if she drinks beer.) As for her last name, you might think, "Well, it's probably pronounced like Gilligan." But you would be very wrong. It's JILL-i-brand. KEER-sten JILL-i-brand. Now go out there and show off that brain.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 6. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron