We know we've got big struggle and sacrifice ahead, but if you're a proselytizing HD nerd, those sacrifices will cut particularly deep: "President-elect Barack Obama is urging Congress to postpone the Feb. 17 switch from analog to digital television broadcasting" because the Commerce Department has run out of money to subsidize digital-TV converter boxes for all the analog users still out there, like your grandparents. And if the transition goes forward and your Nana doesn't get a coupon for a converter box, she might not be able to watch Wheel of Fortune. And Obama doesn't want her to be sad. [AP]
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!