Audience members at the second-to-last performance of Gypsy on Saturday night were there to see pure Patti LuPone — and, to their delight, they got it. A few bars into the musical's thunderous final number, "Rose's Turn," an enraged LuPone stopped the entire show for five minutes to excoriate an audience member for using flash photography. She wouldn't resume the number until the man was ejected, at which point she began with aplomb — and a wild round of applause. It was, for this fan at least, an experience both terrifying and awesome.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 7. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 8. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 9. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves