As the quest to discover Caroline Kennedy's true intentions continues, the Times and the Post are now hearing from a Governor Paterson insider that Kennedy "never had a shot" because her vetting revealed both tax issues and housekeeper issues coincidentally, the exact combo that Treasury secretary nominee Timothy Geithner currently faces. Of course, other anonymous sources in the same articles claim Paterson had every intention of picking Kennedy, so what really happened is, at this point, still anyone's guess. But these certainly fit the bill as "personal issues" Kennedy would have preferred to keep private. [NYT, NYP]
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!