Before his hosting duties at the annual Bailey House auction, Tim Gunn told us he’d bid as high as he needed to for the lunch date with dreamboat Anderson Cooper. Funnily enough, Gunn said he and Cooper have been trying to set up a lunch, but haven’t been successful thanks to their busy schedules. “So I may have to pay for it in order for it to happen,” Gunn joked. Alas, apparently the $7,500 bid that ended up buying lunch with the CNN star was higher than Gunn was willing to go — and someone else nabbed the prize. However, like stocks and real estate, Cooper’s market value has declined by more than 60 percent — the Cooper date sold for $21,000 in 2007.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 3. What Thirteen People Wore to Their Interview With Anna Wintour
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. What Porn Means to Us: Twenty Couples on Tentacles, Baywatch, and the Skin Flicks They Share, Fear, and Imitate
- 9. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire