At "Defying Inequality: the Broadway Concert for Equal Rights," the other night, nubile young New York intern Ross Urken asked Cyndi Lauper what she thought about Madonna's post-divorce flings with youthful boy toys like A-Rod and Jesus Luz, and Cyndi, who takes equal rights extremely seriously, set him straight. "What's your issue?" she demanded. "You know, how many old geezers do you see with young women? What's the double standard? Who cares? You know, they're both adults. Who cares? What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Oh, obviously; girls, they want to have fun.
Photo: Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 4. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 5. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 6. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability